Skip to main content

#29 - write in a journal weekly for six months (7/27)

(I've given up on trying to make this consecutive weeks, but I'll still count it if I get 27 journal-type entries in.)

My good friend Alaina posted these questions on her blog for people to answer, so I'm stealing them!  We know how I feel about middle-school-type surveys.

1. What makes you cringe?
Angry confrontation.  I'm happy to engage in open, respectful discourse, but as soon people start using "attack language," I literally shrink down in my seat.  It makes me uncomfortable, like when your friend's parents yell at her in front of you.

2. How do you eat an Oreo and what do you think that says about you?
I eat mine the same way Alaina eats hers--I eat the filling, put the two cookie parts back together, and eat them.  I'm also the kid who eats all the marshmallows first and then has to eat the cardboardy cereal bits by themselves.  I think this says that I'm not very good at rationing out the extra-good parts.

3. Are you a procrastinator, or do you just get distracted by things easily?
Nope.  Definitely a procrastinator.  I've read quite a few times that perfectionists tend to be procrastinators, because if they put things off until the last minute, they have a better excuse to give themselves if everything doesn't turn out just right. 

4. Politics are _________.
...exhausting.  I think a lot about how nice it would be to become an ex-pat and live someplace small and remote and not involved with every other country's business.

5. How far have you really gotten on that novel?
As in a novel I'm writing?  Not even past the brainstorming.  See the above note about being a perfectionist--it makes it hard to write anything down.  It takes me 15 minutes to compose a Facebook status, for crying out loud.

6. Where was your favorite place to escape to as a kid?
When I lived in Yorktown, VA, we lived across the street from a pond where ducks would come every year to have ducklings.  All along the bank were big, beautiful willow trees; one particular tree had little nook just low enough to where I could easily climb, but high enough to get a good view of the lake and the ducks and to be pretty well-concealed by the willow branches.  I used to climb up there with books in the summer and read--it was awesome.

7. Did you think LMNO was one letter?
I honestly don't remember.  I don't think so, though, because I remember singing the alphabet song and pointing at each letter in an alphabet book as I went.

8. Do you consider yourself a good cook?
Nope.  I'm not terrible, but Ricky's better at making things on the fly than I am.  I have to follow a recipe really closely or it comes out tasting funny.  I've come to terms with it.

9. Is there one world you wish you could live in instead (like a book world or whatever)?
Lainy, I'm with you on this one--it's a toss-up between Harry Potter and traveling in the Tardis.  I think I'd have to go with Harry Potter, though.

10. Where would you run away to right now?
Oxford.  And then I would hide in C.S. Lewis' woods until everyone assumed I was dead and I would create a new identity and live there forever.
 
11. Who is your Doctor?
I started with Nine, and I was pretty wary of the "new" Doctor after he regenerated, but honestly I'd have to say I love Ten more than anyone else.  David Tennant is my One True Doctor.  Ricky's Doctor is Nine, though.


Part of the deal is that I'm supposed to come up with 11 questions for other people to answer, but I'm feeling extra lazy today, so that part may just have to come later. :) 

Comments

  1. Yay! When you do come up with questions, I'll answer them on Tumblr. Also, I'm glad it takes you 15 minutes to write your statuses. I've always felt so inferior on the writing front when I read them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#29 - write in a journal weekly for six months (1/27)

Ok, blogosphere.  It's time to get serious.  One of the items on my list is keeping a weekly journal for six months, and since I'm getting dangerously close to not having six months left in those 999 days, I better start now.  I'd much prefer to keep a paper journal, but it takes so long to hand-write things.  (First world problems, right?)  So here we are. I'll be pulling prompts from this website whenever I get stuck...so, basically all the time.  I really struggle with blogging because I'm too worried about how I come across to the people reading it, and that distracts me from writing about real things like how I really want to play a Dungeons and Dragons game (I'm serious, you guys) and how I may or may not have left a load of laundry in the washing machine for two days and am writing this to avoid dealing with it.  First up is something eerily similar to those Livejournal/Facebook "fill this out about yourself" lists, so consider this m

#88 - buy a kitchen table and chairs

Compared to many of my other 99 goals, this one seems a little silly.  After all, what impact will acquiring a table and chairs have on my personal growth?  But, let's be honest, some things are just necessary.  Ricky and I loved eating on the couch and everything, but it's a tad embarrassing when you have guests...so I was on the hunt for a table, not for my personal growth, but for my social development.  And by "on the hunt," I mean "scavenging Craigslist."  (As if you didn't already know!) Most of the options down here in southwest Florida fall into two categories: the white-washed, pastel-cushioned, retirement-community style... ...or the metal-and-glass, I-don't-have-any-children-that-may-break-their-faces-on-this style. Give or take a few rattan pieces (which probably could be used as makeshift rafts in a hurricane-induced pinch, I suppose), this was my selection. "Why can't I just find a contemporary, wooden set that just h

#21 - go to the temple at least once every three months

On the last Saturday in September (procrastination, as usual), Ricky and I made the 3 1/2 hour drive to the Orlando, FL temple for what threatened to be a supremely awesome day.  (For those of you unfamiliar with the purpose of LDS temples, there's a website !) It was hard leaving our dear Washington, D.C. temple behind--after all, we did get married there--but we were excited for the chance to make Orlando our "home base" for the next few years.     Not as impressive as the D.C. "towering over the Beltway" look, but still impressive! Isn't this place gorgeous?  You can't see the fountains in this picture, but the temptation to jump in them was pretty strong.  It was SO HOT. No Jensen outing is complete without an awkward, "look, we match" picture.   95% of the time this is a total accident. The temple was, as usual, amazing.  You know that feeling you get when you're on vacation and you realize that you have nowhere to rush to and n