Skip to main content

#87 - reach a 4.0 in at least one semester of graduate coursework

As you can see from my lack of blogging lately, having a full-time job and going to graduate school has definitely been taking its toll!  I don't want anyone thinking I actually do homework everyday--I have a reputation to keep, after all--but when I'm not doing my homework, blogging makes me feel guilty about not doing my homework, and that just won't do when I'm trying to watch Modern Family at the same time. 

I could make a bunch of empty promises about how I'll post more now that classes are over (and very few times in my life have I ever been more relieved to see them end), but I already made a few empty promises about working out this summer, so I think I'm maxed out on those.

All my homework procrastination and lack of blogging aside, look what I did!


Granted, it's only two (not very challenging) classes, but it still totally counts for my 4.0 goal.  I have yet to take a literature-based course in my program (weird, right?), so my two read-this-novel-by-next-week-or-fail classes in the fall should be more intense.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  I miss digging into primary-source literature.

I have a few more updates (and by "a few," I mean "it's going to take me for-freaking-ever to get through them all"), but looking at the days left in my 999 period, I'm almost done with 1/3 of that time!  It's certainly going by much more quickly than I anticipated.  Yikes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#29 - write in a journal weekly for six months (1/27)

Ok, blogosphere.  It's time to get serious.  One of the items on my list is keeping a weekly journal for six months, and since I'm getting dangerously close to not having six months left in those 999 days, I better start now.  I'd much prefer to keep a paper journal, but it takes so long to hand-write things.  (First world problems, right?)  So here we are. I'll be pulling prompts from this website whenever I get stuck...so, basically all the time.  I really struggle with blogging because I'm too worried about how I come across to the people reading it, and that distracts me from writing about real things like how I really want to play a Dungeons and Dragons game (I'm serious, you guys) and how I may or may not have left a load of laundry in the washing machine for two days and am writing this to avoid dealing with it.  First up is something eerily similar to those Livejournal/Facebook "fill this out about yourself" lists, so consider this m...

#13 - take Ricky to NYC (day 4)

DAY 4 - THURSDAY, MAY 17TH I have to brag for a minute. When Ricky and I decided that the New York thing was really going to happen, I wondered if we may be able to squeeze in a Boston day.  I went to Boston over spring break in 2008, and it's been my favorite "big city" ever since--Ricky wasn't over the moon about going (because that was one less day we'd be in NYC), but he could see how excited I was about it.  Also, I planned the whole trip, so he didn't really have a choice anyway. :)  So, I did some searching.  We were still about two months out at this point, but I discovered that Peter Pan Bus Lines (they use Greyhound buses?  I don't know how it works) offers a $1 fare from NYC to Boston (and back) if you book online a month in advance...so I set an alarm on my phone for the right day and scored two round-trip tickets for $4.50 (with tax)!  Since we took overnight buses, that $4.50 was also our NYC lodging cost for two nights.  Plea...

#13 - take Ricky to NYC (day 2)

DAY 2 - TUESDAY, MAY 15TH After a surprisingly restful night of sleep (despite being woken up at 7:00 by boys yelling in German in the hallway and the bathroom door that sounded like a trumpeting elephant when opened--I didn't even know that was possible), Ricky and I left the hostel at 9:00 or so to try and get standby tickets for "Death of a Salesman."  The box office doesn't open until 10:00, so if we're in line by 9:30, we'll be good, right?  Wrong.  All the info I found online about standby tickets said the non-musical shows were pretty easy to get tickets for, and you didn't have to show up super early, etc.  Well, apparently Phillip Seymour Hoffman is more popular than I anticipated, because all the standby tickets were sold out by the time we showed up.  In fact, the ticket attendant told Ricky they had been sold out since 7:00.  IN THE MORNING.  He said the line started at 5:00.  I laughed in Ricky's face when he passed the informati...